CIS-390: Design of Large Software Systems
Homework #3: Layers Pattern
Due: Friday, Mar. 8
Design a layered architecture for a financial services software system.
Identify the services that the software system will support. Some possibilities are:
- Banking services such as checking and savings accounts.
- CDs (certificates of deposit).
- Online bill paying.
- Brokerage services for buying and selling stocks and bonds.
- IRAs (Individual retirement accounts). Customers can invest their IRA funds in CDs, stocks, etc.
- Financial planning services.
- Identify the architectural layers, and indicate which services will be provided by which layers. Provide
- A solution using the generic 4-layer architecture (Presentation, Application Logic, Domain, Database)
for information systems that we discussed in class.
- A domain specific solution for the financial services domain described above.